Apply for this licence

Start now on the Department of Education website


If you are a non-maintained school that caters for special educational needs, you must be approved by the Department of Education.

A child will be deemed to have special educational needs if he or she has a learning difficulty that requires special education to be provided for him or her.

The Department of Education must consent for any child to be educated at your premises.

Your school must specialise in providing education for children with special educational needs.