1. Overview

You can apply for residential training if you’re an unemployed disabled adult. You can do this if there aren’t any suitable training courses available to you locally.

The courses can help you get a job, give you more experience to keep a job or become self-employed.

The training courses take place in accessible college buildings. Staff with knowledge of disability issues teach the courses.

There are 9 residential training providers located throughout England but there are no providers in Wales or Scotland.

Some providers may take students from Wales or Scotland.