1. Overview

You, together with other employees, can ask your employer to keep you informed and consult with you on issues related to your company or organisation.

This may include:

  • the company or organisation’s performance, eg financially and competitively
  • any changes to your working conditions and employment prospects

This is called an information and consultation agreement.

Your employer can start negotiating an agreement without a request from its employees.

How to make a request

  1. Check that you’re eligible.

  2. Write to your employer or the Central Arbitration Committee (CAC) with your request.