Report a problem with a street light

Your council is responsible for the installation and maintenance of street lights.

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

What you need to know

  • Available in England and Wales only

Major roads in England

Contact Highways England if the street light is on a motorway or an ‘A road’ they manage in England.

Major roads in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland

Traffic Scotland
0800 028 1414
24 hours, 7 days a week

Traffic Wales
0845 602 6020
24 hours, 7 days a week
Find out about call charges

In Northern Ireland, contact the Department for Infrastructure.