Report someone who is pretending to be someone else to take a theory or driving test for them.
It’s illegal to cheat at a driving or theory test by:
- using an impersonator to take the test for you
- impersonating a candidate and taking their test for them
Impersonators and people who use them can be:
- sent to prison
- banned from driving
- ordered to carry out unpaid work
- made to pay court costs
How to report someone
Give as many of these details as possible when you report someone:
- names and addresses of the people
- descriptions of what they look like
- dates and times
- where you found out about it, eg at a place or on social media
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will investigate your report, but might not be able to tell you what happens.
You cannot currently contact DVSA by telephone because of coronavirus (COVID-19). Contact DVSA by email instead.