Report someone who is pretending to be someone else to take a theory or driving test for them.
It’s illegal to cheat at a driving or theory test by:
- using an impersonator to take the test for you
- impersonating a candidate and taking their test for them
Impersonators and people who use them can be:
- sent to prison
- banned from driving
- ordered to carry out unpaid work
- made to pay court costs
How to report someone
Give as many of these details as possible when you report someone:
- names and addresses of the people
- descriptions of what they look like
- dates and times
- where you found out about it, eg at a place or on social media
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will investigate your report, but might not be able to tell you what happens.
Check you're allowed to drive
Most people can start learning to drive when they’re 17.
Get a provisional driving licence
Driving lessons and practice
You need a provisional driving licence to take lessons or practice.
Prepare for your theory test
Book and manage your theory test
You need a provisional driving licence to book your theory test.
Book and manage your driving test
You must pass your theory test before you can book your driving test.
When you pass
You can start driving as soon as you pass your driving test.
You must have an insurance policy that allows you to drive without supervision.