Report someone who is pretending to be someone else to take a theory or driving test for them.
It’s illegal to cheat at a driving or theory test by:
- using an impersonator to take the test for you
- impersonating a candidate and taking their test for them
Impersonators and people who use them can be:
- sent to prison
- banned from driving
- ordered to carry out unpaid work
- made to pay court costs
How to report someone
Give as many of these details as possible when you report someone:
- names and addresses of the people
- descriptions of what they look like
- dates and times
- where you found out about it, eg at a place or on social media
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will investigate your report, but might not be able to tell you what happens.