You can register (‘incorporate’) a limited company online if:
Start now on the Companies House website
Before you start
It usually takes 24 hours and costs £12 (paid by debit or credit card or PayPal account).
- the company’s name and registered address
- names and addresses of directors (and company secretary if you have one)
- details of shareholders and share capital
- details of people with significant control over your company, for example anyone with more than 25% shares or voting rights
- your standard industry classification (SIC code - the number that identifies what your company does)
Other ways to register
You can use form IN01 to register different types of limited companies, for example using your own articles of association or a company limited by guarantee.