Disability Employment Adviser (DEA)
DEAs can give advice and help to you and applicants who are disabled. The type of support they can offer you includes:
- making sure your application process is accessible
- advising you about recruitment practices which open up jobs to disabled people
- information about making reasonable adjustments which can help someone start or keep their job
Contact Jobcentre Plus to find out more and to speak to a DEA.
Telephone: 0845 604 3719
Textphone: 0845 608 8551
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am to 5pm
Wednesday, 10am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Positive action in job adverts (‘Two Ticks’ symbol)
You can use the Two Ticks symbol on adverts to show that you encourage applications from disabled people.
The Two Ticks symbol is only used in England, Scotland and Wales.
You must be given permission by Jobcentre Plus to use the Two Ticks symbol. You can get this by showing them you have made 5 commitments:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what you can both do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments every year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Contact Jobcentre Plus to find out more about being awarded the disability symbol.
You must provide information about the vacancy in alternative formats (eg large print) on request if this is reasonable. You must also accept applications in alternative formats (eg electronically) where possible.