Apply for this licence

Start now on the Department of the Environment website


You need a certificate of registration to keep or store radioactive material at your premises in Northern Ireland.

How to apply

Applications are made to the Industrial Pollution and Radiochemical Inspectorate (IPRI), part of the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA).

You need to provide information on: - your contact details - company details - type of premises - start date - type of radiation sources - intended use of sources - security of sources

Fees and charges

You will need to pay a fee, depending on your type of application. Visit the NIEA wesbite for more information on fees.