From Aberdeen City Council


Get a licence if you use a site for public entertainment.


You may not need a licence for some events or sites, like:

  • athletic events at sports grounds
  • if you’re a school, college or other educational institute
  • if you already hold a theatre or cinema licence

Your council will have a full list of what they class as entertainment.

How to apply

Contact your council to apply for a public entertainment licence.

Your council may charge you an application fee.

Displaying your licence

Your council will tell you how to display your licence.

Fines and penalties

You can be fined up to £20,000 if you use a site for public entertainment without a licence.

The issuing authority for this licence is Aberdeen City Council (change location)

You can contact them using the details below.

Aberdeen City Council Customer Service Centre
Ground Floor, Marischal College

AB10 1AB