Start now on the Scottish Environment Protection Agency website
If you operate a dry cleaning facility in Scotland that uses solvents, you must obtain a pollution prevention and control (PPC) permit from the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).
You must include the following information with your registration form:
- your business details including business address, type of business, and any owners
- an authorised contact to deal with any further questions
- site plans and maps of the location
- information on the solvents you use and the risk levels of them
- details of the machines you use, how they are maintained and when they were installed
- staff information (eg training, supervision and qualifications)
- how and where you store the solvents that you use - prior to use, after use and solvent-contaminated materials
- details of any spot cleaning you undertake
You must return your completed registration form to the relevant SEPA office.
An application fee may be charged.