Apply for this licence

Postcode lookup
For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder


You or a member of your staff must hold a personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises, so that every sale or supply of alcohol is authorised by a personal licence holder.

‘Licensed premises’ include any premises allowed to sell alcohol under a premises licence. You don’t need a personal licence to sell alcohol under a temporary events notice.

You must be 18 years or older and hold a licensing qualification – for example the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) Level 2.

Apply to your local authority to get a personal licence.