Apply for this licence

Postcode lookup

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder


Contact the council for written permission if you want to put advertising signs or displays on the road or pavement in Scotland.

How to apply

Contact your council to apply for written permission for an advertising display.

You may have to pay a fee.

Fines and penalties

If you put an advertisement sign or display on the street or pavement without permission, you can be fined up to £200, and £20 for each day that it stays there.