The fund is no longer open to applications.
The Vietnam Business Challenge Fund (VBCF) is a specialised fund designed to support the private sector in Vietnam to develop innovative inclusive business models that deliver both commercial benefits for the company and social impact for the low-income population. Developmental benefits include creating jobs, increasing incomes and improving access to basic goods and services.
The fund will:
- promote inclusion and innovation in agriculture, low-carbon growth and infrastructure and basic services
- overcome business risks and reduce transaction costs associated with including low-income people in the value chain of companies
- remove barriers and improve the operation of value chains to facilitate inclusion of low-income people in the core business of participating companies
- create incentives for companies to offer access to goods and services that include low-income people in their value chain
- promote a better business climate for the private sector in Vietnam, to reduce poverty through innovative market-based and commercial mechanisms
How to apply
Further information is available on the VBCF website
Published 14 October 2014