Vietnam Business Challenge Fund
Designed to support the private sector in Vietnam to develop innovative inclusive business models.
The fund is no longer open to applications.
The Vietnam Business Challenge Fund (VBCF) is a specialised fund designed to support the private sector in Vietnam to develop innovative inclusive business models that deliver both commercial benefits for the company and social impact for the low-income population. Developmental benefits include creating jobs, increasing incomes and improving access to basic goods and services.
The fund will:
- promote inclusion and innovation in agriculture, low-carbon growth and infrastructure and basic services
- overcome business risks and reduce transaction costs associated with including low-income people in the value chain of companies
- remove barriers and improve the operation of value chains to facilitate inclusion of low-income people in the core business of participating companies
- create incentives for companies to offer access to goods and services that include low-income people in their value chain
- promote a better business climate for the private sector in Vietnam, to reduce poverty through innovative market-based and commercial mechanisms
How to apply
Further information is available on the VBCF website