Apply for this licence

Postcode lookup

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder


If you intend to use a property primarily for public sporting events, you will need a licence from your local authority.

If the premises are to be used principally for non sporting purposes, you will not need a licence. So, for example, you would not need a licence to hold a sporting event in a village hall.

Indoor Sports Entertainment Licences are granted for a period of one year and would then be renewed annually.


The local authority will normally require you to display a notice at or near the premises setting out your application for a set period of time from the date of the application.

How to apply

Applications must be made to your local authority.