Independent Living Fund

The Independent Living Fund (ILF) has closed - you cannot make a new claim.

England and Wales

Your local council is responsible for ILF payments.

Scotland and Northern Ireland

ILF Scotland is responsible for ILF payments in Northern Ireland and Scotland.


If you have any questions about ILF repayments, email the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) at