1. Overview

The Independent Living Fund (ILF) provides money to help disabled people live an independent life in the community rather than in residential care.

You can use payments from the ILF to:

  • employ a carer or personal assistant to give you personal and domestic care
  • pay a care agency to provide personal care and help with domestic duties

The ILF is permanently closed to new applications.