beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Wine Guidance

Procedure: responsibility for licensing

The responsibility for licensing wine producers lies with the NRU. They issue the excise licence, update the Departmental Trader Register (DTR) database and the System for Exchange of Excise Data (SEED) and advise the Trader Accounting Payment System (TAPS) unit in Southend of all new licences.