This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Venture Capital Schemes Manual

Share loss relief: individual and corporate claimants: individual claimants: type of company invested in: qualifying trading company: seeking information from other offices

In order to deal with a claim to Share Loss Relief you will need to confirm that the company whose shares gave rise to the loss is a qualifying trading company. To do this, you should ask the officer who deals with the company’s accounts whether the necessary conditions are met. You should provide the officer with the date of issue of the shares in respect of which Share Loss Relief is claimed and ask them to review this guidance on the meaning of a qualifying trading company in the light of their company’s activities and circumstances and given that not all companies carrying on a trade will be ‘qualifying trading companies’ for Share Loss Relief purposes.