SEIS: income tax relief: issuing company requirements: overview
This part of the manual deals with the rules applying to the investee company - that is, the company issuing the shares. Guidance on investor requirements is at VCM32000+ and general requirements is at VCM33000+.
The issuing company must be a ‘qualifying company’. To be a qualifying company it must satisfy certain conditions to do with:
- Trading (see VCM34020 and VCM34030),
- Carrying on a qualifying business activity (see VCM34040),
- UK permanent establishment (see VCM34050),
- Financial health (see VCM34060),
- Unquoted status (see VCM34070),
- Control and independence (see VCM34080),
- No partnerships (see VCM34090),
- Gross assets (see VCM34100),
- Number of employees (see VCM34110),
- No previous other risk capital scheme investments (see VCM34120),
- The amount raised through the SEIS (see VCM34130),
- Qualifying subsidiaries (see VCM34140),
- Property managing subsidiaries (see VCM34150).