This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

VAT Registration

Special considerations for certain registrations: titles and honours

Where a person has:

  • a title (for example, Lord or Dr.)
  • an honour (for example, OBE)
  • a qualification (for example, MA Hons)
  • membership of a professional body (for example, AIIT)

you should include this in the registration details if the person requests it.

If the title excludes some or all, of the person’s name, you should record these details on EF but not as part of the registered name.