Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

HMRC internal manual

VAT Registration

HM Revenue & Customs
, see all updates

Entity to be registered: European Economic Interest Groupings (EEIGs): legal status of EEIGs

Under the UK legislation governing EEIGs (The European Economic Interest Groupings Regulations 1989 - SI 1989 No. 638), an EEIG which has its official address in the UK must register with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House and be given corporate status.