Other services to non-EU customers (B2C): Introduction
The place of supply of the following services is the place where the customer belongs when supplied B2C outside the EU
- transfers and assignments of copyright, patents, licences, trademarks and similar rights (VATPOSS13150)
- the acceptance of any obligation to refrain from pursuing or exercising (in whole or in part) any business activity or any rights
- advertising services (VATPOSS13200)
- services of consultants, engineers, consultancy bureaux, lawyers, accountants, and similar services, data processing and provision of information, other than any services relating to land (VATPOSS13250)
- banking, financial and insurance services (including reinsurance), other than the provision of safe deposit facilities (VATPOSS13300)
- services involving the use of natural gas and electricity systems and heat and cooling networks
- the supply of staff (VATPOSS13350)
- the letting on hire of goods other than means of transport (VATPOSS13400)
- telecommunication services (VATPOSS13450)
- radio and television broadcasting services (VATPOSS13500)
- electronically supplied services (VATPOSS13550)
These services were covered by Schedule 5 of the VAT Act 1994 prior to 1 January 2010.
Effectively, as the place of supply of these services is the customer location for non-EU recipients, services falling within this provision will always be outside of the scope of EC VAT.
Determining where a customer belongs is covered at VATPOSS04000.