This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

VAT Land and Property

Fishing and shooting (Item 1c): rod licences

Rod licences issued by the Environment Agency or similar bodies, which do not themselves give specific rights to fish, are outside the scope of VAT.