Excepted items: beverages: other beverages and soft drinks
Beverages meeting the Bioconcepts criteria (see VFOOD7520) are standard-rated, as are products for their preparation, and this includes all soft drinks. Examples are:
- carbonated drinks such as lemonade, cola, and mixers;
- fruit cordials and squashes;
- alcohol-free beer;
- ginger, glucose, honey, peppermint and barley water drinks;
- syrups, crystals, powders and flavourings for making any standard-rated drink; and
- soft drinks containing tea.