Introduction: The role of the Export and Removal of Goods Unit of Expertise (UoE)
The Export And Removal Of Goods UoE has operational expertise in customs, excise and VAT elements of the export and removal of goods. For contact details are on the UoE website. The UoE
- provides a helpdesk for departmental colleagues with technical queries - a separate helpdesk deals with queries from departmental colleagues and the trade on National Export System (NES) issues
- provides a link between VAT assurance staff and the policy team
- supports the policy team by providing advice and contributing to policy issues
- contributes to training matters
- represents the department at trade meetings and events.
The UoE will deal with simple queries by telephone. If you do resolve the problem by telephone, make a note of the significant details and the advice received in the trader’s electronic folder. You can also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section on the UoE website or you can write to the UoE using the email address shown on their website.