Alterations and repair or maintenance - case law and agreements: organs: first time installations
Where an organ is installed as a first time provision in a listed church and this involves an alteration to the fabric of that church, then both the supply of the organ and the alteration work will be zero-rated so long as all the following conditions are met:
- a qualifying use certificate must be given to the supplier
- the organ must be incorporated into the church as a fixture
- the supply of the organ and the service of installation must be by the same person and be made to the church and not a developer
- the alteration to the church must be more than de minimis
- the alteration is approved.
If the installation doesn’t involve any alteration to the fabric of the church, then everything will be standard-rated.