Introduction: role of the VAT Advisory Team
The VAT Advisory Team is responsible for giving advice on cases:
- where the guidance is unclear
- where there is a challenge to the law
- which involve new products and services
- which are politically sensitive or of national importance
- where guidance has specified that we must be consulted.
Before submitting a General or Technical Advice Request to the VAT Advisory Team for assistance on liability issues relating to the above, make sure you have:
- read this guidance
- consulted with the Construction Unit of Expertise
- have looked at the Getting advice pages on the VAT Directorate website.