Error correction for VAT returns: Processing: Assessments
If an assessment is required following completion of the verification process
check the VISION computer system for
- Change of registration details
- Repayment inhibits signals - if any set, refer to the officer who set the inhibit signal, and
- Insolvency indicator - if the periods being disclosed include any that are equal to or earlier than the person’s relevant date, you should refer to DMB.
- ensure remittance amount and date of receipt boxes are correctly recorded, and
- complete VAT480 to adjust output / input values where appropriate
You may find it useful to combine error corrections and officers assessments which are waiting for processing at the same time. For further guidance on amalgamating, see VAEC7960.