Deceased persons: intestacy: Scotland - no surviving spouse or civil partner
If the deceased died without a surviving spouse or civil partner but was survived by other relatives, the Act provides for the intestate estate to be distributed to the surviving relatives in the following order:
- either or both parents and brothers and sisters
- brothers and sisters and their issue
- uncles and aunts (on either parent’s side)
- grandparents (on either side)
- brothers and sisters of any grandparents (on either side).