Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Trusts, Settlements and Estates Manual

Trusts for particular purposes: employment-related trusts: approved profit sharing schemes - payments to employees

The trustees should pay any dividends received from the company into the Scheme’s bank account. They should then pay these to the employees to whom shares have been appropriated. They should provide the employee with a form R185 (Trust Income) covering the tax year. The trustee should complete the section headed ‘Income entitlement under a trust’.