Trusts for particular purposes: employment-related trusts - types
Employers can set up schemes for the benefit of their employees. Companies set up most employee benefit trusts. However it is possible for a non-company employer to have an employee benefit trust.
These schemes are most often funded through a trust. There are several types. The main ones are:
- general employee benefit trusts
- retirement benefits scheme trusts
- employee share scheme (approved and unapproved) trusts
TSEM5025 will help you identify general employee benefit trusts.
- general employee benefit trusts is at TSEM5050-TSEM5175
- retirement benefits scheme trusts is at TSEM5200-TSEM5365
- share scheme trusts is at TSEM5400-TSEM5550.
For trusts not falling into these 3 categories, see TSEM5575