Trust income: items that are not trust income for tax purposes
The following are not trust income for tax purposes. Trustees should not include them on the Trust and Estate Tax Return.
- Premium bonds, National lottery and gaming prizes
- interest and terminal bonuses under Save As You Earn schemes
- accumulated interest on National Savings Certificates, including index-linked certificates
- interest on National Savings Children’s Bonus Bonds
- interest awarded by a UK court as part of an award of damages for personal injury or death
- dividends on ordinary shares in a Venture Capital Trust.