Issuing a single notice for trusts
A trustee using the single notice arrangement must provide a list each year of the trusts to be included. The trustee sends it to the trust office dealing with those trusts.
The trust office
- copies the list
- sets the manual return signal for the trusts on the list, if not already set
- prepares two copies of a single notice to file (TSEM3075 onwards) using headed notepaper
- sends a single notice to the trustee instead of individual SA returns
- notes on the SA record for each trust, the date of issue. This is shown as a return issued manually
- places the original list and the copy single notice in the ‘single notice/ single declaration’ establishment file.
TSEM3052 has details of the conditions for participating in the arrangement.