Schedule 22 Finance Act 2000: Part XI offshore activities - Para 114 the training requirement
(1) The fact that a qualifying ship is used for the purposes of offshore activities does not affect the training requirement but an allowance is made under this paragraph.
(2) The amount of the allowance in an accounting period is equal to the aggregate of-
(a) the cash equivalent of the training provided that would not have had to be provided, and
(b) any payments in lieu of training made that would not have had to be made,
if the days on which the ship was engaged in offshore activities had been days on which it was not engaged in tonnage tax activities.
For the purposes of paragraph (a) the cash equivalent of training shall be calculated by reference to the current rate of payments in lieu of training.
(3) The amount of the allowance may be deducted by the company in computing the amount of corporation tax payable for that accounting period, so far as that is attributable to offshore activities.
(4) If in any accounting period the company is unable to deduct the full amount of-
(a) any allowance to which it is entitled under this paragraph for that period, and
(b) any amount brought forward under this sub-paragraph,
the balance may be carried forward and set against the amount of corporation tax payable in the next accounting period, so far as that is attributable to offshore activities.
(5) No deduction may be made by a company in computing its profits from offshore activities in respect of expenditure incurred in meeting the training requirement.
|Allowance for training costs||TTM11400|