Schedule 22 Finance Act 2000: Part VII the ring fence - Para 54 profits of controlled foreign companies
(1) A tonnage tax company is not subject to any liability under section 747 of the Taxes Act 1988 in any accounting period in respect of profits of a controlled foreign company if in that period distributions of the controlled foreign company made to the tonnage tax company would be relevant shipping income of the latter (see paragraph 49).
(2) Schedule 24 to that Act (assumptions for calculating chargeable profits of controlled foreign companies) has effect subject to the following provisions.
(3) If a company in relation to which that Schedule applies-
(a) is a member of a tonnage tax group, and
(b) is a tonnage tax company by virtue of the group’s tonnage tax election, or would be if it were within the charge to corporation tax,
it shall be assumed for the purposes for which that Schedule applies to be a single company that is a tonnage tax company.
(4) Nothing in paragraph 5(1) of that Schedule (controlled foreign company assumed not to be member of a group) affects sub-paragraph (3) above.
For accounting periods ending before 1st April 2000 the reference to paragraph 5(1) has effect as a reference to paragraph 5 of that Schedule.
(5) Paragraph 20 of that Schedule (provisions for avoiding double charge) does not apply where, or to the extent that, the transaction in question is one any profits from which would be, or would be reflected in, relevant shipping profits of a party to the transaction.
|Outline of Tonnage Tax and CFCs||TTM07100|