Schedule 22 Finance Act 2000: Part IV the training requirement - Para 27 annual training commitment
(1) The Secretary of State may by regulations require a tonnage tax company or tonnage tax group-
(a) to produce a training commitment at such annual or other intervals as may be prescribed in respect of such period as may be prescribed, and
(b) to submit it to the Secretary of State for approval.
(2) If the Secretary of State is satisfied that the proposals are adequate to meet the minimum training obligation, he shall approve the training commitment and issue a certificate to that effect.
(3) It is an offence to fail to comply with any requirement imposed by regulations under sub-paragraph (1).
(4) The Secretary of State may make provision by regulations enabling him-
(a) to set the training commitment for a company or group if, after such period as may be prescribed, no training commitment has been submitted to and approved by him; and
(b) on the application of the company or group concerned, made after consultation with any prescribed person involved in the training of seafarers, to vary a training commitment set by him.
(5) A training commitment set by the Secretary of State has effect as if submitted by the company or group and approved by him.
|Initial and annual training commitments||TTM04110|