Schedule 22 Finance Act 2000: Part III qualifying companies and groups - Para 20 vessels excluded from being qualifying ships
(1) The following kinds of vessel are not qualifying ships for the purposes of this Schedule—
(a) fishing vessels or factory ships;
(b) pleasure craft;
(c) harbour or river ferries;
(d) offshore installations;
(e) tankers dedicated to a particular oil field;
(f) dredgers other than qualifying dredgers (*1)
(2) In sub-paragraph (1)(a) “factory ship” means a vessel providing processing services for the fishing industry.
(3) In sub-paragraph (1)(b) “pleasure craft” means a vessel of a kind whose primary use is for the purposes of sport or recreation.
(4) In sub-paragraph (1)(c) “harbour or river ferry” means a vessel used for harbour, estuary or river crossings.
(6) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (1)(e) whether a tanker is dedicated to a particular oil field shall be determined in accordance with section 2 of the Oil Taxation Act 1983 (dedicated mobile assets).
(7) In this Schedule “qualifying dredger” means a dredger which—
(a) is self-propelled, and
(b) is constructed or adapted for the carriage of cargo;
(but see further paragraph 20A). (*1)
*1 TTM20005: Sub-para (1)(f) (which formerly read ‘dredgers’) substituted and sub-paras (7) inserted by FA 2005 s 93, Sch 7 paras 5, 18(1)
TTM20018 with effect from 1 July 2005,
TTM20019 -20021 - transitional provisions under FA 2005 Sch 7 paras 19-21.
*2 Sub-para (5) repealed by FA 2004 ss 146, 326, Sch 27 para 7, Sch 42 Pt 2(19) with effect for accounting periods ending after 31 March 2004.
|Excluded vessels: Dredgers other than qualifying dredgers||TTM03670|
|Use of ship: Towage, salvage or other marine assistance||TTM03560|