Information needed for the application
All applications under the Tobacco Products Manufacturing Machine Licensing Scheme must include the following information where appropriate:
If they are applying to carry out a regulated activity in the UK as part of their business then their application must provide:-
- the businesses trading name and its legal name
- location of principal place of business
- contact telephone number and e mail address
- VAT registration number if held
- the estimated annual turnover
If the business is registered at Companies House they should also provide:-
- the businesses registration number with its registered address and how long at that address
- the details (i.e. name. address and National Insurance number) of all directors, shareholders and controlling members, (e.g. key managers if directors are not involved in daily activities).
- any delegated legal representatives
If they are applying as an individual they need to supply:-
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- self-assessment or Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number if held
- passport details if held
- contact telephone number and email address
Additional information that should also be submitted:-
- the regulated activity they intend to conduct
- any existing approval numbers issued by HMRC
- details of any tobacco products manufacturing machines currently held or intending to hold. The details should include the type of machine, serial number, the tobacco products it manufactures and the estimated daily production capacity.
- full details of volumes of tobacco products that the tobacco products manufacturing machine held can produce. (for example if the machine can produce 1 million cigarettes in a set period, but the applicant states that only 10,000 will be produced in a set period there is a potential risk of illicit production).
- addresses of all premises where each tobacco products manufacturing machine will be held and carry out its regulated activities
- for tobacco products manufacturing machines sourced from within the UK after 1 August 2018 the Unique Licence Number (ULN) of the machines previous licensee
- details of all parts held in storage attributable to the tobacco products manufacturing machinery machines held
- confirmation that the tobacco products manufacturing machine is being purchased or leased. If being leased, confirmation of the lease length.
- the sale price of the tobacco products manufacturing machine.
- for tobacco products manufacturing machines sourced from outside the UK after 1 August 2018 , confirmation of the business’ name, country of origin and any supplier registration number that may be applicable in that country
- intended customer base, with attached business plan.
- whether the application is in conjunction with an application for a tobacco factory or store status
- details of the specific business requirement for performing a regulated activity
The person submitting the application for a licence must declare that all the information submitted in the application is true and complete. If the application is made by a corporate body the declaration must be made by a Director.