(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
CEMA S139(1) provides the legal power to seize goods liable to forfeiture.
A tobacco products manufacturing machine can be seized where:
- a regulated activity is carried out in the UK without a licence
- a tobacco products manufacturing machine is manufactured without holding a licence
- any of the conditions or restrictions that apply to the licence have been breached
- the requirements for an exemption of being granted a licence has been breached.
- tobacco products manufacturing machinery continues to be used following the licence being revoked.