Registration: Pro-forma letter A: Registration of a factory
PRO FORMA LETTER “A”: REGISTRATION OF A FACTORY
(NOTE: You should complete an individual letter for each factory)
Company Name :
(this must be the correct legal entity for the premises being registered)
VAT registration number:…………………(insert the 9 digit VAT number of the legal entity above and the 4 digit suffix for the actual premises)
TOBACCO PRODUCTS DUTY: REGISTRATION OF FACTORY
- The Commissioners of HM Revenue & Customs have registered the premises as shown on the attached plan at Annex A as a registered factory for the manufacture of tobacco products with effect from [date]*.
- The premises are located at:
- The premises are registered under regulation 4 of the Tobacco Products Regulations 2001..
- The registration number allocated to the factory identified above is [……]*. This should be quoted on all correspondence relating to the factory.
- The tobacco products that may be manufactured in the registered factory are [cigarettes, cigars, hand-rolling tobacco, other smoking tobacco and chewing tobacco] [The expanded tobacco /cigarette rag/expanded tobacco and cigarette rag that may be manufactured in the registered factory fall(s) within the definition of [“other smoking tobacco”]/”hand-rolling tobacco”].**
- The tobacco products that may be manufactured at the registered factory are intended for [home-use only] [export only] [home-use and export].**
- The hours during which the registered factory will be open are [insert times when manufacture will occur; eg. ‘0700 - 2300 hours Mondays to Fridays inclusive plus 0800 -1630 hours on Saturdays’]*.
- The agreed point at which the Production Account is to be raised in the premises given above is [specify location]*.
- Your definition of a bulk unit is [enter the definition of the bulk unit as agreed with the manufacturer]*.
- You have been approved to use computer records subject to the following conditions which are imposed under Section 118A of the ‘Customs and Excise Management Act 1979’**
- The right of access by our Officer to the computer systems and their documentation (including financial and management systems) in relation to your business as a revenue trader;
- The provision of any necessary assistance to our Officer during audits of the systems;
- The provision of print facilities for the information accessed;
- The inclusion of the computer system in your annual audit (and the auditor’s report being made available to our Officer);
- Adequate security, fallback and recovery systems;
- Advance notice to our Officer of any proposed changes to the system (Such changes must not be introduced without official approval).
- In the event of a computer breakdown you should [insert the details of the procedure you have agreed with the trader]*. You should also follow any instruction or advice you subsequently receive from our Officer.
- **[Add any other conditions or requirements particular to the registered premises].*
- If you wish to change any of the details regarding your registered factory, the periods of notice we require are given in Regulation 7 of the “Tobacco Products Regulations 2001”.
- Failure to comply with the provision of the law in force with respect to the premises and the tobacco products therein and in particular to comply with any requirements authorised by law, which may be notified to you by or on behalf of the Commissioners in HM Revenue & Customs Notices or otherwise, may result in the revocation of the registration.
- You should complete and return the enclosed acknowledgement and should also retain this letter for your records.
[to be signed at the appropriate level determined locally]
Please complete the acknowledgement below on the enclosed copy of this letter and return it to:
I/we acknowledge receipt of the letter of which the foregoing is a copy.
Status of signatory……………………………………
(To be signed by a director or officer of the company.)
*complete as necessary
** delete as necessary