This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Television Production Company Manual

Overview and general definitions: Creative Industries Unit

HMRC has a specialist unit to deal with most claims for Television Tax Relief (TTR). The Creative Industries Unit deals with the Corporation Tax affairs of most companies eligible for TTR.

The exceptions to this are:

  • Cases that are dealt with by Large Business Service (mainly those which are part of larger groups)
  • Cases where an enquiry into a claim was underway before 1 April 2013, when the existing office may continue to deal with the company, with specialist advice from the Unit

Companies only making programmes not entitled to TTR will continue to be dealt with by their existing offices.

The unit can be contacted by email at {.mailto} If you prefer you can request a call back by telephone on 03000 123 3440 between 9am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).  The Unit can also be written to using the following correspondence address:

The Creative Industries Unit
Manchester Incentives & Reliefs Team 
HM Revenue and Customs
NE98 1ZZ