Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Strategic Goods and Services - BIS Export Licensing and Sanctions - General

Endorsement and disposal of paper licences: Specific Export licences

  1. Specific export licences (Paper licences)
* sign and stamp the right hand column on the reverse of the licence;
* if the licence is then exhausted stamp it ‘EXHAUSTED’ and return it to BIS (the exporter wishes to retain it where it allows the export of unspecified quantities of technology);
* if the licence is not yet exhausted return it to the exporter or his agent;
* if the licence covers dual-use goods and was issued in another Member State, send it, if exhausted, to the UK BIS as normal. They will return it to the licensing authority of the other Member State.
  1. CGEA, OIELs, OGELs and electronic licences
* No action is required