Third Country Exports: Standard Individual Export Licences (SIELs)
- the licence has not expired;
- the goods, exporter, destination and end-user shown on the licence and commercial documentation agree;
- the quantity and value attributed on the reverse of the licence (paper licences) agree with those declared on the pre-shipment declaration (Third Country exports only).
Open Individual Export Licences (OIELs)
Check with Strategic Exports and Sanction Team during office hours
- that the OIEL quoted on the pre-shipment declaration has been issued to the exporter, that the goods and destination are covered by it and, where appropriate, that licence conditions are met.
Open General Export Licences (OGELs)/Community General Export Authorisation (CGEAs) and Open General Transhipment Licences (OGTLs)
Verify by reference to BIS website
- that the goods and destination are covered by the OGEL, or CGEA quoted and that any specific OGEL conditions are met.
- If necessary obtain a ruling from BIS as to the heading in the Export Control Order 2008 or the Community Regulation under which the goods are caught.