Background to Control: Goods and Technology Covered
- Military goods
* Equipment and technology for the production, testing and development of military goods; * Military equipment such as arms, ammunition, bombs, tanks, thermal imaging equipment, military aircraft, warships and goods specially designed for military purposes; * Chemical weapons (the ban on chemical weapons is implemented via the licensing system). * Components of the above
- Dual-use items
* nuclear materials, nuclear reactors and nuclear processing plant; * Goods of civil design which may be used for military purposes such as:
- electronic and instrumentation equipment;
- machine tools;
- communications equipment;
- high tensile metals;
- radar; and
civil aircraft (in certain circumstances)
- Any goods capable of being used in relation to chemical, biological or nuclear weapons and related missiles.
- Software and technology relating to above in tangible or intangible form.
- Goods subject to sanctions