What is a qualifying company: entities that are not qualifying companies
The following are not qualifying companies:
- Partnerships (LLPs, LLCs and general partnerships)
- Crown estates
- Public bodies
- Building societies
- Industrial and provident societies
- Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies
- Foreign-incorporated companies
- Foreign-incorporated companies that are UK resident by virtue of central management and control
- UK permanent establishments of foreign companies
- Controlled foreign companies.
However any of these entities may own companies which meet the qualifying company conditions for Senior Accounting Officer purposes.