This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Securities Guidance

The security: using security: using a security deposit held in a joint account

Contact Finance with details of the person and the debt. They will arrange payment.

Write to the person using the letter Off set security.

If you require the person to give further security to top up the amount held, see SG68000.