This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Responding to requests from OMS under Administrative Cooperation in Excise

How will I receive a request for assistance from Other Member States?

The UK will receive requests for assistance under MVS, EMA or EWS-e through thedesignated “gateway” - the National Verification Centre (NVC). The NVC willforward all inbound requests from Other Member States (OMS) concerning alcohol to theAlcohol Central Coordination Team (ACCT) who will coordinate and risk assess them prior toforwarding them on to risk teams or Local Compliance (LC) /Large Business Service (LBS)designated contacts. Requests from OMS concerning energy products or tobacco products willcontinue to be forwarded to risk teams or appropriate officers directly from the NVC. Ifyou receive a request for assistance under MVS, EMA or EWS-e which doesn’t appear tohave come from the ACCT or NVC you should ensure it was received through a legitimate“gateway” see Guidance Note 1 before providing a response.