Dealing With PAYE Settlement Agreements
If an employer wishes to make a payment on account before the agreement is finalised you must take the following action
- ask the employer to send a cheque to you
- use Print Payslip to print a proforma when the payment on account is received in your office (there is no need to issue a payslip before the payment on account is received)
- enter the 15 character SAFE customer reference on the proforma payslip
- send the proforma payslip with the cheque to Account Office Shipley.
If an employer wants to make a payment on account by BACS or CHAPS, to ensure the payment on account is allocated correctly when the SAFE charge is created
- tell the employer to pay using their SAFE customer account reference. (Use SAFE function “View Customer Account” to find their SAFE customer reference.)