Appeals and reviews: end of year penalty appeals: penalty appeal screen - end result section
The Type field in the End Result area of the screen allows you to record the end result of an appeal. Where you do this ECS will
- Automatically issue a confirmed penalty notice
- Display the date on which the appeal was settled and the outcome of the appeal in the Penalty Details screen
To record an end result
- Select the arrow within the Type field. You will be presented with a dropdown menu displaying the following choices
Upheld - upheld in full and you have amended the penalty charge accordingly
Partially Upheld - only upheld in part. That is, you have amended the penalty charge but not to the extent requested in the original appeal
Accepted Tribunal - upheld (either in whole or in part) by the tribunal and the charge amended accordingly
Rejected - rejected and the charge remains unpaid
Rejected Tribunal - rejected before the tribunal and the charge remains unchanged
Withdrawn - withdrawn at any stage
- Tab out and you will be presented with the message
‘Penalty Amendments for this Appeal cannot be entered once you have saved an End Result. Do you wish to continue?’
- Select the [OK] button, the end result information entered in the Penalty Appeal screen will be acted upon and you will be returned to the Penalty Details screen with the Settlement Date field populated
- Select the [Cancel] button, the end result information entered in the Penalty Appeal screen will not be acted upon and you will be returned to the Penalty Details screen with Type field blank
If you try to record an end result where the last charge amendment chosen was stood over, you will receive the message ‘This Charge remains Stood Over. A Release, Discharge or Increase is required before you can select an End result.’
- Select the [OK] button and review the penalty amendment information before trying to clear the appeal again
Settlement Date field
ECS automatically populates the date in the appeals area of the Penalty Details screen. This can be changed to allow you to record the date on which the appeal is settled.
If you enter an incorrect date in the Settlement Date field you will receive one of the following error messages
- ‘The Settlement Date cannot be after today’s date’
- ‘The Settlement Date cannot be before the Date Received’
In each case
- Select the [OK] button
- Enter the correct information into the Settlement Date field
The [OK] button saves the changes made in the Penalty Appeal screen and returns you to the Penalty Details screen.
The [Notes] button takes you to the Employer Notes screen where a penalty type can be created or viewed as required.
If you select the [Cancel] button, any entries or amendments made in the Penalty Appeal screen will not be saved and you will be returned to the Penalty Details screen.