P11D processing: management of workflow management tool: allocate batches
The processor will normally request their work and the next batch in the queue will be automatically allocated to them by ECS. Priority batches will be allocated first, then in date received order.
Note: Once a batch has been allocated the status cannot be changed to Priority, or if the status is Priority it cannot be changed to Non-Priority.
The manager may need to allocate a particular batch or batches to processors. In such cases
- Filter on ‘Received’ on the Batch Manager screen
- Select a batch
- Select the [Allocate] button. The Allocate Batch screen will be displayed
- Select the [Select] button. The Select User screen will be displayed
- Highlight the user on the Select User screen
- Select the [OK] button. You are returned to the Allocate Batch screen with the selected user displayed
- Select the [OK] button. The status of the batch changes from ‘Received’ to ‘Allocated’
Note: You can only allocate one batch at a time from the Allocate Batch screen but a user can have more than one batch allocated to them.
If exceptionally you need to reallocate a batch
- Filter on ‘Allocated’ on the Batch Manager screen
- Select the [Allocate] button and follow the steps above
If the batch is currently ‘Suspended’ the status of the batch changes from ‘Suspended’ to ‘Allocated’ and it will be re-activated by allocating it to a user.